Summary of the Session:
30 minutes of structured CPD
- The risks and probability of a life changing event for SME businesses
- Assessing the level of cover required for key employees and business owners using the liability audit
- Liability audit case study
- Policy structures and the tax position
- Understand the financial risks that SME business owners face when a life changing event occurs
- Learn how to identify a key employee
- Learn how to quantify the financial cost of losing a business owner or key employee using the liability audit
- Understand the taxation implications and when business protection premiums attract tax relief
Pass = 4 out of 6
Simply view the slides below and login/register when you are ready to take the assessment.
The information is based on Aegon’s understanding of current legislation, taxation law and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) practice, which may change. The tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each client and may be subject to change in future.