One of the biggest opportunities in today’s advice market is inheritance tax planning.
The UK has an ageing population. A lot of baby boomers have wealth tied up in property that’s now worth much more than when they bought it. The same goes for many people’s share portfolios.
And a lot of clients who have an inheritance tax (IHT) liability are yet to do any planning for it. You may well have such clients yourself.
Summary of the session
80 minutes structured CPD webinar that looks at:
- Real-life estate planning problems and solutions.
- The main estate planning options available to your clients, including where.
- Business Property Relief-qualifying investments (BPR) fit in.
- Writing the business and assessing suitability.
- You’ll also get some tips from the Society of Later Life Advisers on the best ways to tailor your approach for talking to older clients.
The session will cover:
- Understand the IHT market and what the opportunities are for advisers.
- Understand the mainstream estate planning strategies.
- Discuss various estate planning scenarios.
- Understand the key things to look for in any BPR provider.
- Understand the key risks of BPR-qualifying investments:
- The value of an investment, and any income from it, can fall as well as rise. Investors may not get back the full amount they invest.
- The benefit of tax relief depends on individual circumstances and may change in the future.
- Tax relief depends on the portfolio companies maintaining their qualifying status.
Pass = 5 out of 6
For further information about inheritance tax planning, please contact [email protected]
Simply view the webinar below and login/register when you are ready to take the assessment.