New in-person events from Octopus Investments:
Investment opportunities in the current economy
In research carried out by Octopus Investments, over 50% of investors surveyed said they would be willing to take on greater risk with their portfolio to achieve more growth.1
So, how best can you capture the anticipated green shoots of economic growth for your clients in the new year?
The run up to tax year end is an ideal time to check in on whether your clients could benefit from making an Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) or Venture Capital Trust (VCT) investment.
As well as targeting high returns for an effective long-term investment strategy, they offer investors access to a suite of tax reliefs, especially useful for planning.
Start the new year on the front foot and join these in-person, CPD-qualifying events to support your research.
When and where:
19 locations across the UK
January - February 2024
Find your local event here
What to expect from these in-person events from Octopus Investments:
- Learn how advisers can add value to clients in a changing economy.
- A broad view of the current state and future outlook of the economy and the venture capital market.
- Hear from the experts at Octopus Ventures about their investment process, the companies we’ve backed, and why now is considered an exciting opportunity to invest in UK smaller companies.
- Understand venture capital investments and how your clients can access them through VCTs and EIS.
- Understand how Consumer Duty fits in.
- Spot opportunities in your client bank at tax year end.
Register now (spaces are limited)
Key investment risks:
- The value of an investment, and any income from it, can fall as well as rise. Investors may not get back the full amount they invest.
- Tax treatment will depend on individual circumstances and could change in the future.
- Tax relief depends on the portfolio companies maintaining their qualifying status.
- The shares of VCTs and smaller companies could fall or rise in value more than shares listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. They may also be harder to sell.
1Opinion Research for Octopus Investments of 1020 UK adults with investments partly or fully managed by an adviser and 206 UK financial advisers.
These investments are not suitable for everyone. Any recommendation should be based on a holistic review of your client's financial situation, objectives and needs. This communication does not constitute advice on investments, legal matters, taxation or any other matters.