On Wednesday 23rd September Money Alive is hosting a webinar featuring specialist financial services lawyer Damian McPhun of Beale & Co. The webinar will last for 60 mins and there are two sessions available, one at 9.00am and one at 11.00am.
Damian acts as an adviser to Money Alive. He has highly valuable experience representing advisers in defending claims, whether in court or through the Financial Ombudsman. He also assists firms subject to investigation or action by the FCA. He will be sharing his experience to help you recognise and avoid the risks that can lead to complaints and regulatory disputes.
Who is the webinar suitable for?
Advisers, compliance departments and business owners.
Agenda - in the webinar Damian will be examining:
- Good business practice to reduce the risk of complaints being upheld or regulatory intervention
- How advisers can demonstrate their client’s understanding of the advice they have received
- Perils and pitfalls of standard form documents
- Conceptual understanding versus personal understanding and questions to ask of client
- Outcomes of cases he has dealt with involving FOS and the FCA
Money Alive will also be commenting briefly on the DB contingent charging ban and the FCA’s increasing scrutiny of the retirement income area and explaining how Money Alive can help. Damian can also answer any questions or concerns you have about pension transfers, which is an areas he specialises in.
This promises to be an excellet and useful session and if you have any questions for Damian in advance then you will be given the opportunity to ask these when you register for the event.
Register now for this event 23rd September - 2 times to select from:
Register for 9.00 - 10.00am or
Register for 11.00am - 12.00