Media relations can be one of the most cost effective ways to get your message across to a wider audience, yet very few adviser firms use this method. Adviser Home has put together a unique solution with MRM, a leading financial services PR consultancy, to offer advisers a compelling PR offer, which combines quality and value.
The consumer personal finance pages, both in print and online, have vastly expanded in recent years in line with public interest and as such, journalists are constantly on the lookout for informed, interesting and original comment from new voices willing to join the debate.
However, many advisers - despite having the skills, experience and expert knowledge enabling them to offer valuable commentary - don’t get involved, with PR costs and a lack of media know-how often cited as drawbacks to entering the fray.
The Adviser Home Media Relations Consortium has been established to help advisers become trusted commentators in the media - and in turn enable them to build not only their own profile but also that of their business.
The Adviser Home Media Relations Consortium - how it works
- We are looking for advisers who are specialists in a broad range of topics which are most of interest to the press - namely regulation, pensions, protection, investments, tax planning, mortgages and long-term care - to join the scheme.
- A weekly poll will be issued to the wider adviser community asking for responses on important and newsworthy issues of the day.
- Poll findings will be turned into news stories by MRM, who will then sell in to their first-class media contacts - with those advisers who have elected to become part of the Consortium offered the chance to give their views around the poll responses and speak to the media.
- Quality press coverage for your business by having the opportunity to provide comment to key media targets.
- Increased brand profile, enhanced web traffic and new client enquiries through greater media exposure.
- Market intelligence through a weekly news planner highlighting upcoming and relevant events and news of interest - including economic events, government papers and legislation and industry news.
- Access to a series of webinars on various aspects of communications - from engaging with journalists to discovering how PR can help you and your business attract potential new clients.
- Advisers will only pay for coverage received.
- For a monthly retainer of just £100 per month or a special rate of £1,000 per year (excl. VAT), Consortium members will be given the opportunity to comment on poll findings and the chance to communicate and develop relationships with key national, regional, trade and online journalists - as well as receiving market intelligence and having access to regular webinars.
- Each piece of media coverage will incur an additional cost from £250 up to a maximum of £400 (excl. VAT).
- However, in any given month that an adviser receives coverage, the cost of the monthly retainer will be deducted from the fee - so, advisers would never pay more than £400 per month, regardless of the amount of coverage received.