Residential property remains, particularly for older clients, a major source of potential capital. Yet the process of coping with a sale and the challenges of arranging the move can be a real strain for these clients.
To offer you a solution we have partnered with Bridgefast Property Services who offer a unique blend of dedicated property-related and home-move support services for retired homeowners.
If your clients are selling their home and moving, Bridgefast take the stress and hassle away, by dealing with everything from solicitors to estate agents.
And if advance funds are required to pay for a deposit on a new home, rent, or care home fees that can also be provided.
This complete property sales management and home-move service is dedicated to retired homeowners.
A Personal Adviser will deal with your client’s individual needs and interests and co-ordinate the entire selling and moving process – no call centres.
Of course if you as adviser to your clients need to be kept in the picture with the financial aspect of the transactions then Bridgefast will work as closely with you as you require.
The service in brief:
- Valuation and marketing plan for property to secure best possible price.
- Liaison and pro-active management of estate agents.
- Negotiation of offers.
- Legal conveyance on sale (and purchase if required).
- Funds prior to property sale to pay for monthly nursing or care home fees, care fees plan, property deposit or rent.
- Removals and house clearance (including auctions and charity donations).
- Management of utility companies.
- Vacant property care, including insurance, inspection and maintenance.
Management Fee 2.25% (plus VAT) of the sale price achieved* - no sale no fee.
This fee includes:
- Estate Agency fees
- All standard legal fees incurred by Bridgefast in connection with the sale of the property
Advance Funding Facilities
- Lump sum funding for long term care annuity or purchase deposit
- Monthly funding to pay for residential, nursing or care home fees while property is being sold
- Facility fee of 1% of the amount borrowed, subject to a minimum of £875 for lump sum funding, or £795 for monthly funding. This fee can be added to the loan
- Interest at 5% per annum (calculated daily and added to the loan)
- RICS valuation fee at cost (can be added to the loan)
Other property services
- Energy Performance Certificate (£49 + VAT)
- Vacant property insurance
- House clearance
- Garden maintenance
- Purchase legals
- Removals - available at an additional cost, subject to individual requirements.
*Reduced to 2% (plus VAT) where the sale price achieved exceeds £400,000.